Esthetician: Lash Tech/Wax Specialist
We are always seeking passionate, hardworking, innovative, and creative NYS licensed Estheticians to join the team, and continue to build an incredible brand. If this sounds like you, please follow the instructions below to get in touch with our hiring manager.
About True Beauty Brooklyn
Each client that walks into the door is a new friend to be made, and like all friends, we strive to help make them feel absolutely gorgeous, comfortable, well taken care of, and special. None of our services are cookie cutter--they are all tailored to meet the needs of each individual client by taking a holistic approach. We assess who they are through questions, observing their style and mannerisms, and deliver to them a one of a kind service that leaves them feeling like we are old-- albeit beautiful and stylish - friends. This skill can be honed, but can not be faked, and thus, a passion for people, and shared experiences is a must for the right candidate. As summer approaches, and wedding season now lasts May-October our books are already extremely busy, with the appointment book filled 1.5 weeks in advance. We're looking forward to finding someone who is ready to be busy immediately!
The right candidate must be comfortable taking on a management position, as you will often be working on your own, without direct supervision. This means taking full responsibility of running, and maintaining the studio from helping to track inventory, selling appropriate retail products, listening to client's recommendations for products or services, taking payments, receiving clients and packages, and general cleaning duties.
- Must have the following licenses or certifications: classic lash extension certification, NYS esthetics license
- Must have at least 1 year of waxing and lash extension experience.
- Must be authorized to work in The United States
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent, however an Associates or Bachelors degree is preferred
- Must speak English fluently
- Willing to work late nights on week days and weekends. Studio hours are 10A-10P, so you must be comfortable traveling and working late nights.
- Happy to take on responsibility, and comfortable working independently.
- Conscientious about your work and responsibilities
- Passionate about making genuine connections with people
Skills and Services Provided
- Full body waxing - Specializing in intimate waxing, using Cerepil blue had wax (all wax services are ONLY for female clients)
- Classic Lash Extensions - You must have been previously trained, and must provide training certification.
The ideal beauty standard for our clients is naturally breathtaking. Our lash application range from the very, very natural (.07 , .10 , .12 synthetic mink and silk lashes) to glam (.15 and .18 flat lashes).
All of our clients equate their lashes to EXCELLENT plastic surgery. They boast that their friends aren't sure what is different about their face, but they compliment that they look like the best version of themselves.
Our lashes are applied seamlessly and we do not count lashes. Clients always gush that nobody can see where the lash extensions are applied, and there is never EVER excess glue seen. We lash every available lash, using a range of weights on each eye. This means lashes are NEVER damaged, however each full set takes approx. 2.5 hours. We ONLY use the highest quality lashes and adhesive, meaning our girls only come to see me for fills every 3 weeks, with 40% retention on average.
Though our studio also offers brow services and facials, We would like to begin training for the right candidate in lashes and waxing first, as these are two of the highest demanded services.
Please send an email with the following to email@example.com
- A cover letter (this industry is our passion, and we would love to hear about why it is yours also!)
- 3 business references
- Links to your social media pages (IG is preferred)
All applications received without the above information will not be considered. Phone calls regarding this position are not accepted, and the candidate will be immediately dismissed.